Friday, November 9, 2007

Brrrrrrr. It's getting cold outside. I hate the cold with a passion. I live in the mid west so it gets pretty cold. I heard the news lady announce on the news last night that there are 44 days until winter officially starts. To me winter started the first day it was to cold to leave my plants outside any more.
I always tell everybody that I was born in the south in the summer. In the
"dog" days of summer. August. And I love the heat. For myself I rather be taking off clothes than putting on more.
I just am not a winter person. I often wish that I could do like the bears do and
hibernate. Well not exactly like the bears. I don't want to sleep all those months away (Or do I?). However I would love to be able to stay in my house from the first snow until late April, early May. I would not want to have to leave my home for anything. I would have all the food, water and whatever else I require to take me through the winter. Or not. I mean I do have the Internet. I could always order whatever I need online and then it would be delivered directly to my door. Hmm. Maybe. Just maybe it would be possible for me to hibernate.
Reality? No. There are things and places that still must be done in person. Things and places that I cannot access on the Internet. Like I must take my car and get it prepared for winter. I need to go and get my flu shot. I got to go to the drug store and pick up my prescriptions, (they do not deliver).
I wonder If I could have a clear Plexiglas (not glass, glass could be broken to easily) dome made to cover my house. You know like the
snow globes. MMMMMMMMMMM.

No comments: